Do you love to coach? Do you love roller derby? Do you love the Rat City Rollergirls? The Rat City Rollergirls are looking for a dedicated coach for our Washington State Conference conference team.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter detailing your interest, skills, and experience by October 5, 2015. Please submit to [email protected]
The Washington State Conference Coach is responsible for coaching roller derby athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition in compliance with the rules and regulations of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) and Rat City Rollergirls (RCRG).
• Present at all WSC games, home and away.
• Establishes and evaluates goals for the team and participating athletes. Provides players with in-the moment & periodic one-on-one feedback;
• Directs implementation of roller derby skills and strategies based on current WFTDA ruleset and game play strategies
• Develops training plans and manages any WSC practice time effectively;
• Reviews and assesses game play footage of team and opponents;
• Implements competitive game plans and rosters;
• Holds players accountable for performance and attitude, and enforces disciplinary action when appropriate;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Candidate must have 2+ years experience coaching team sports. Roller derby and or experience coaching female athletes encouraged, but not required.
• Ability to objectively evaluate physical performance and mental capabilities
• Knowledge of WFTDA rules and regulations, including the WFTDA Safety Protocol;
• Effective planning and organizational skills;
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with athletes, volunteers, staff and the public, within a diverse participant population;
• Skill in facilitating and modeling a quality customer service orientation;
• Ability to lead and manage change in a positive and inclusive manner.
• Availability to work evenings and weekends;
• Ability to travel locally for WSC bouts
• Physical ability to participate in all facets of training the WSC teams;
• Subject to criminal background check.
• The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of volunteer personnel so classified.
• This position is subject to the terms of the RCRG Volunteer Coach Agreement